The outbreak of the CORONAVIRUS has impacted people in varying ways on an international scale.
Fear and anxiety about a disease can be overwhelming and cause strong emotions in adults and childrens .
In this article you find a way that how to reduce your stress and anxiety, what to do and how to make you mentally strong because nowadays people also suffer stress due to CORONA crises : –
1. SET LIMITS AROUND NEWS ON COVID-19 : – limit use your social media that may expose you to rumors and false information.
Try to avoid excessive exposure to media coverage. Constant monitoring of news updates tells about COVID-19 can intensity feeling of worry and distress.
Also limit reading , hearing , or watching other news, but keep up to date on national and local recommendations. Look for reliable sources as the CDC and WHO.
2. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF : – Self care strategies are good for your mental and physical health and can help you to take charge of your life. Self care in the wake of the COVID-19 outbreak includes:-
● Get enough sleep – go to bed at the same time each day. Stick to close to your typical routine ,even if you are staying at home.
● Healthy diet – Avoid taking of excessive junk foods and refined sugar. Choose a well balanced diet. Eat more leafy vegetables and protein rich foods , it boosts your immunity to fight against COVID-19.
● Physical exercise – do daily exercise or physical activities , it helps to move out toxins in your body and help to reduce anxiety, stress and improve mood.
● Limit screen time – turn off electronic devices for some time each day, including 30 minutes before bedtime.
Make a effort to spend less time in front of a screen.
● Avoid smoking , alcohols and drugs – if you smoke or vape, you are already at higher risk of lungs disease because COVID-19 affects the lungs.
Stop drinking alcohols , it reduces your coping skills and damage your liver.
Avoid taking drugs, unless your doctor prescribed medications for you.
● Refreshment and relaxation – by refreshing few times ,it helps to quiet your mind and reduce anxiety and stress level.
3. KEEPING IN TOUCH WITH YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS – keeping in touch with your family and freinds may ease the stress caused by COVID-19.
Receiving support and care from other can bring a sense of comfort and stability.
4. KEEP A POSITIVE MINDSET– choose to focus on the positive things in your life , instead of dwelling on how bad you feel.
Try to focus on positive or motivation stories, things, images which make you positive , maintain a sense of hope , work to accept changes as they occur and try to keep problems in perspective.
5. MAKE CONNECTIONS – find time each day to makes virtual connections by emails, texts, vediocalls.
If you are working remotely from home, ask your co – workers how they are doing and sharing coping tips.
6. TAKE TIME TO TALK WITH YOUR CHILDRENS ABOUT COVID-19 OUTBREAK – Answer their questions and share facts about COVID-19 in a way that they can understand.
Listen to their concern and give them extra care and share them how you deal with your own stress so they can learn how to cope with you.