The home ministry on Saturday evening extended the lockdown till June 30, but only for containment zones. It also allowed the states to decide those zones and permitted restarting of economic activities outside those zones in a phased manner. It called this new phase as Unlock 1.
Here is what you need to know What is not open on LockDown
1. Malls, hotels, restaurants, and places of worship can open on June 8 except in areas with the most number of coronavirus cases.
2. Schools, colleges, educational, training, and coaching institutions. The government said it will make a decision in July after consulting the states and Union Territories.
3. No movement allowed across the country from 9 pm to 5 am, except for those in essential services.
4. Sporting activities, entertainment, academic, cultural, and religious functions, and other large congregations too will not be allowed.
5. International air travel, operation of Metro trains, cinema halls, gymnasiums, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres, bars, and auditoriums will remain shut.
6. States, based on their assessment of the situation, may prohibit certain activities outside the Containment zones, or impose such restrictions.
7. People above 65 years of age, those with co-morbidities, pregnant women, and children below the age of 10 years are advised to stay at home.
8. Authorities are advised to encourage the use of Aarogya Setu application for quick identification of persons infected by Covid-19, or at risk of being infected.
The dates for their opening will be decided based on the assessment of the situation in phase three.