BJP leader and Union home minister Amit Shah on Sunday launched the BJP’s campaign in poll-bound Bihar with a virtual rally. In his address, Shah listed the various achievements of the Modi government over the last few years with detailed recap- from scrapping of Article 370 to abolition of Triple Talaq – and hailed the efforts taken by the Centre in the fight against coronavirus.
Here are the highlights from Amit Shah’s address:
* There are elections in Bihar in the coming days, I believe that under Nitish Kumar ji’s leadership NDA will form the government with 2/3rd majority.
But this isn’t the time for politics. We all should fight Covid-19 under Modi ji’s leadership. Bihar’s growth rate was 3.9 per cent when RJD was ruling, it reached 11.3 per cent under Nitish Kumar,” Amit Shah said.
* This rally has nothing to do with elections. The BJP believes in democracy. In the Corona crisis, we cannot forget our tradition of public contact.
“This is to encourage everyone and assure corona warriors. Those who want to see politics in this – I want to ask – who stopped you from holding a rally? All you are doing is chilling out sitting in Delhi,” he said in remarks directed at the Congress.
* Today people came out to bang utensils to oppose the virtual rally. I am happy sooner or later people paid heed to Modiji’s advice.
*Bihar’s growth rate was 3.9% when RJD was ruling, it reached 11.3% under Nitish Kumar; state moved from ‘lalten raj’ to ‘LED raj’.
* The people of Bihar have contributed to the development of every corner of India. Development in any part of India has the smell of the sweat of a person of Bihar.
* Bihar government has fought the fight against corona crisis very well. I want to congratulate Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar and Sushil Modi ji.
* After the Corona epidemic, Narendra Modi told the Chief Ministers of all the states that migrant labourers should be kept with respect everywhere and gave 11 thousand crores rupees to the states for them. Around 1.25 crore migrant labourers were transported to their homes via thousands of trains. They were provided with food and drinking water. Quarantine was arranged in their home.
* Some people see politics in this (virtual rally). I say who has stopped them, instead of sitting in Delhi, organise a virtual rally to connect people from Delhi to Patna and Darbhanga.
Protesting against Shah’s rally, RJD, led by former Bihar chief minister Rabri Devi and party chief Tejashwi Yadav, observed “Garib Adhikaar Diwas” by beating utensils while the Congress took to posters to urge citizens to mark “Shraddhanjali Diwas“. The posters read ‘virtual se actual muddon ka encounter‘.
* This is not a rally to sing the praises of a political party. This rally is to connect the public in the war against Corona and to lift their spirits.
* Modi ji has made an effort to bring light in the lives of crores of poor people within six years and the biggest beneficiaries have been the people of eastern India.
* Rahul Gandhi has always asked for waiving the debt of farmers. Their government was in power for 10 years and claim to have waived 60,000 crores loan of about 3 crore farmers. Through ‘Kisan Samman Nidhi’, Narendra Modi ji infused Rs 72,000 crore every year into the bank account of 9.5 crore farmers.
Taking a shot at Rahul Gandhi, Shah said, “Issues which none dared to touch in 70 years were resolved in first year of Modi govt’s 2nd term,” he said.
* Housing, electricity, bank accounts, health services, gas cylinders, toilets, all these were given by the Modi government during the tenure till 2014-2019. In 2019, Modi ji started a plan to provide clean tap water in 25 crore homes of the country by constituting the ministry of water power.
Amit Shah said that his rally is aimed at connecting people with ‘Aatmanirbhar Bharat’ campaign. ‘BJP to have 75 such meetings,’ he said.